ATTENTION: People who love taking, "What type of _____are you?" surveys! For the love of God, please STOP! I've seen them all, ranging from "what type of lover are you?" to "what type of Disney princess are you?" to "what type of rock formation are you?" Every time I see your results in my newsfeed, I hold back my judgmental response...BUT NO MORE, PEOPLE!
If you MUST take these banal surveys, remember that the relationship based surveys can be tricky. For example, the "what type of lover are you" survey is a matter of one's own perspective. Wouldn't your partner's answers be more telling and reveal what type of lover you are?
For instance, I think more highly of myself than any man does, therefore, I know that I'd be more biased while answering questions regarding my qualities/abilities, yet less forgiving of another's faults or weaknesses. Even when we try to be truthful about ourselves, we tend to overlook some of our flaws. And since I think I'm pretty damn near perfect, (that's a joke, calm down!) I know that the algorithms used to determine these results aren't perfect at all! They're similar to the computer generated results on match.com or shaadi.com: THEY SUCK! Maybe you recall a rant I posted a few years ago about match.com using it's "highly sophisticated technology and search results" to find me "Kenny from Kentucky" who stands "tall" at 5'7" in his dungarees! (Disclaimer: Names have been changed to protect the innocent!)
Perhaps what I find most complex about these surveys, is what drives people to take them. If you want to know what type of Disney princess you'd be or which Dwarf you'd be better suited to marry, maybe you need to get off facebook and check yourself into a psych ward!
Don't you find it disturbing when a friend posts, "I got diamond! Find out what kind of gem you would be if you were a stone"? Am I the only one who finds all of this bizarre?
Surveys were created to gather information from a particular group of people with the soul purpose of bringing about change or giving the people more of what they wanted - Not merely more of what they wanted to hear! Do the people taking these "fun" surveys ever actually change into precious gems, or Disney Princesses, or Don Juan Demarcos? I hope not, because that would be really weird!
And for the record, all women are great lovers! You just haven't found your Disney Prince Charming yet...probably because he's hiding in the forest from the survey-taking-fantasy-life-craving-lunatic you've become! But don't feel bad, I haven't found my Prince Charming yet either, probably because match.com's system is down, and it's churning out results that would make my 80 year-old matchmaking grandma cringe, too!
If you MUST take these banal surveys, remember that the relationship based surveys can be tricky. For example, the "what type of lover are you" survey is a matter of one's own perspective. Wouldn't your partner's answers be more telling and reveal what type of lover you are?
For instance, I think more highly of myself than any man does, therefore, I know that I'd be more biased while answering questions regarding my qualities/abilities, yet less forgiving of another's faults or weaknesses. Even when we try to be truthful about ourselves, we tend to overlook some of our flaws. And since I think I'm pretty damn near perfect, (that's a joke, calm down!) I know that the algorithms used to determine these results aren't perfect at all! They're similar to the computer generated results on match.com or shaadi.com: THEY SUCK! Maybe you recall a rant I posted a few years ago about match.com using it's "highly sophisticated technology and search results" to find me "Kenny from Kentucky" who stands "tall" at 5'7" in his dungarees! (Disclaimer: Names have been changed to protect the innocent!)
Perhaps what I find most complex about these surveys, is what drives people to take them. If you want to know what type of Disney princess you'd be or which Dwarf you'd be better suited to marry, maybe you need to get off facebook and check yourself into a psych ward!
Don't you find it disturbing when a friend posts, "I got diamond! Find out what kind of gem you would be if you were a stone"? Am I the only one who finds all of this bizarre?
Surveys were created to gather information from a particular group of people with the soul purpose of bringing about change or giving the people more of what they wanted - Not merely more of what they wanted to hear! Do the people taking these "fun" surveys ever actually change into precious gems, or Disney Princesses, or Don Juan Demarcos? I hope not, because that would be really weird!
And for the record, all women are great lovers! You just haven't found your Disney Prince Charming yet...probably because he's hiding in the forest from the survey-taking-fantasy-life-craving-lunatic you've become! But don't feel bad, I haven't found my Prince Charming yet either, probably because match.com's system is down, and it's churning out results that would make my 80 year-old matchmaking grandma cringe, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment